We are committed to delivering the best possible service to you while maintaining the confidence that you place in us.
As part of this, we have adopted strong principles to ensure the protection of your data.
As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website “nickel.eu” and present you the options to manage and to delete cookies.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed and/or read on your device when you access our Website. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers notably to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
Les cookies peuvent être (i) de session, ce qui signifie qu’ils sont supprimés de votre terminal une fois Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) persistent meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
LCookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Send you personalised advertising notably based on your browsing history and your preferences on line ;
- Monitor your use of our Website in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website to your interest and providing more relevant NICKEL ads and content to you on non-NICKEL websites;
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly);
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website and/or Application (e.g. language, time zone etc.);.
2. What kind of information can be stored in a cookie?
LThe information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following, subject to its retention period:
- the webpages you have visited on that device;
- the advertisements you have clicked on;
- the type of browser you use;
- your IP address;
- and any other information that you have provided on our Website and/or Application.
3. What kinds of cookies do we use and for what purpose?
Cookies used on our Website and/or Application are classified into different categories.
4. In this context, who places the cookies on your device - NICKEL or a partner ?
When you select which types of cookies you allow on your device, the cookies may be deposited directly by us or by one of our partners.
From a practical point of view, this means that when you authorize the installation of certain so-called “third-party” cookies on your device, our partners will also be able to access the information they contain (such as, for example, your browsing statistics when you allow third-party analysis cookies) within the respect of our data protection Notice and those of our partners.
5. How can you manage cookies?
To see the different categories of cookies that we use on the Site and/or Application and configure your choices, you can consult the cookie management module accessible at the bottom of the page. You can modify at any time your preferences (withdraw or give again your consent at any time).
Please note that the use of strictly necessary cookies for the proper functioning of the Site and/or Application does not require your consent. This is why the option "strictly necessary cookies" is pre-checked in our cookie management tool and is not optional.
By refusing certain types of cookies (preference cookies for example), we will not be able to optimize your user experience on our Site and some parts may not function properly. .
By default, we save your cookie choices on a device for a maximum of 6 months. If you change your mind about the preferences you have expressed regarding cookies, you can update your choices at any time, by following this link. We will ask you to make a choice again every 6 months.